[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] libiomp, not libgomp as default library linked with -fopenmp

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:41:55 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Jack Howarth <
howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>      The current test suite status on x86_64-apple-darwin14, with the
> proposed patch from
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20150427/128219.html
> applied to current cfe trunk, is quite respectable....

> S Number of used tests:                123
> S Number of failed tests:              16
> S Number of successful tests:          107
> S + from this were verified:           106
>
> Normal tests:
> N Number of failed tests:              8
> N + from this fail compilation:        1
> N + from this timed out                0
> N Number of successful tests:          54
> N + from this were verified:           54
>
> Orphaned tests:
> O Number of failed tests:              8
> O + from this fail compilation:        0
> O + from this timed out                0
> O Number of successful tests:          53
> O + from this were verified:           52
>
> for 'make ctest' using "-fopenmp=libiomp5 -Xclang -fopenmp=libiomp5
> -L/sw/opt/llvm-3.7.0/lib -lm -O3". Whereas for libgomp, the results are
> pitiful....

> S Number of used tests:                123
> S Number of failed tests:              30
> S Number of successful tests:          93
> S + from this were verified:           12
>
> Normal tests:
> N Number of failed tests:              15
> N + from this fail compilation:        0
> N + from this timed out                0
> N Number of successful tests:          47
> N + from this were verified:           6
>
> Orphaned tests:
> O Number of failed tests:              15
> O + from this fail compilation:        0
> O + from this timed out                0
> O Number of successful tests:          46
> O + from this were verified:           6

For additional context, the OpenMP3.1_Validation results for libgomp using
the FSF gcc 5.1.0  compiler on x86_64-apple-darwin14 are...

S Number of used tests:                123
S Number of failed tests:              7
S Number of successful tests:          116
S + from this were verified:           95

Normal tests:
N Number of failed tests:              3
N + from this fail compilation:        0
N + from this timed out                0
N Number of successful tests:          59
N + from this were verified:           48

Orphaned tests:
O Number of failed tests:              4
O + from this fail compilation:        0
O + from this timed out                0
O Number of successful tests:          57
O + from this were verified:           47

So the current results for libiomp5 are very close to matching those for
the FSF gcc compiler with libgomp in terms of the number of passed tests
while libiomp5 already exceeds libgomp for the number of verified tests.

when using "-fopenmp=libgomp -Xclang -fopenmp=libgomp -L/sw/lib/gcc5/lib