[cfe-dev] Clear taint mark - static analyzer checker

Francisco Chiotta franchiotta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:59:00 PDT 2015

Thanks Anna. I was taking a look at GenericTaintChecker, and saw you are
the main contributor of this module. My idea is to create a checker where
the user can define what are the methods in which alert in case of tainted
data is passed on them.

It works great when tainting primitives types, e.g. char, but if i want to
taint object like std:string, it doesn't work. It uses a getPointedToSymbol
method based on GenericTaintChecker, to retrieve the symbolic value, and
the passes it to the StateRef.addTaint(...) method:

https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/master/lib/StaticAnalyzer/Checkers/GenericTaintChecker.cpp#L426

But I can hardly understand why this doesn't retrieve any symbol when the
arguments are objects.

Thanks a lot.
Francisco