[cfe-dev] Finding all instances of calls to a specific function using ASTMatcher

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 22:19:03 PDT 2015

Use clang-query to try things out, you'll need to generate compilation
database to use it but that shouldn't be too hard. It sure beats having to
recompile your code to test it.

The matcher you're after is probably
callExpr(callee(functionDecl(hasName("malloc"))))

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Riyad Parvez <riyad.parvez at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to find all the instances of calls to a specific function. Right
now, I can find all the function calls using ASTMatcher using following
code:

> Finder.addMatcher(

callExpr(hasParent(binaryOperator(hasOperatorName("=")).bind("assignment"))).bind("functionCall"),
>       &HandlerForFunctionCall);
>
> But I want to find all the function calls whose name is say "malloc". I
know how do that using classic "RecursiveASTVisitor" class, but how can I
do this using ASTMatcher?