[cfe-dev] Fwd: want to intercept array dereferences

Gry Gunvor gry.gunvor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:56:48 PDT 2015

Normally for int n unknown at static time, "a[n]" and "*(a+n)" results
in an add and then a dereference.  I want instead for it to compile to
a system call that takes two arguments, a and n.  Where should I
intercept this?

The LLVM guys suggest that intercepting a pointer type plus an int
type followed by a deref would not be a stable solution.  They suggest
that I do this at the clang layer.  Where would be the stable place to
do it?  I'm new to clang development, so some context would be
helpful.

Gry