[cfe-dev] Rendering of variable declarations specifying register allocation

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Sep 30 13:51:10 PDT 2014

On 30 September 2014 02:57, Matthew Fernandez
<matthew.fernandez at gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems to be independent of the target platform; at least I get similar
> results for ARM and x86. What is the intended behaviour here?

Current tip does:

void foo() {
    register int x asm("eax");
}

AND

void foo() {
    register int x = 1 asm("eax");
}

The first looks correct, but the second looks weird. I don't know
what's the expected behaviour, or if this output can be regarded as
valid code (I'm guessing not), so in theory, it doesn't matter much.
But it does seem an easy fix for this particular case, I think.

cheers,
--renato