[cfe-dev] CGRecordLayout: what difference should be between types returned by getLLVMType and getBaseSubobjectLLVMType

Evgeny Astigeevich evgeny.astigeevich at arm.com
Tue Sep 30 04:34:06 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I see that CGRecordLayout has two member functions:

llvm::StructType *           getLLVMType () const

llvm::StructType *           getBaseSubobjectLLVMType () const

The second one is used only by EmitNullConstant when the parameter
asCompleteObject is false.

What kind of type should the function getBaseSubobjectLLVMType return?
Should it always be less or equal to the type returned by getLLVMType?

For one of my tests I have that getBaseSubobjectLLVMType returns a bigger
packed version of the type returned by getLLVMType. It is bigger because
padding has been added.

Kind regards,

Evgeny