[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Address sanitizer regression test failures for PPC64 targets

Samuel F Antao sfantao at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 26 08:40:06 PDT 2014

Hi Will,

Do the sanitizer tests work for you with gcc 4.9? I was using clang 3.4.2
and started using clang 3.5.0. For both versions, I configured clang to use
the gcc 4.8.2 tooIchain.

My understanding is that the compiler was not the problem but an endianess
issue in the sanitizer implementation that was causing memory to get
corrupted. The different versions of compiler just caused the memory
corruption to affect different ranges, causing some tests that were not
working to start working and vice-versa.

I identified one of the places with the endianess issue in my previous
email. I'm unsure whether there are other places in the code that only work
for little endian.

Thanks,
Samuel