[cfe-dev] Building libc++ with libsupc++ puts "bits/" headers in the wrong spot(?)

Jim Porter jvp4846 at g.rit.edu
Fri Sep 19 14:34:29 PDT 2014

I tried building libc++ with libsupc++ as described in the
documentation*, and while most of the stuff works, I can't #include
<cxxabi.h>. It's possible I'm just doing something dumb, but it looks
like libc++ is copying over some files from libsupc++ and putting them
in the include directory along with the rest of libc++, instead of in a
"bits/" subdirectory like cxxabi.h assumes (namely bits/c++config.h,
bits/cxxabi_tweaks.h, and bits/cxxabi_forced.h).

Is this a bug in libc++? I can't really tell what CMakeLists.txt is
doing, since I'm not an expert on CMake, but it seems like it's copying
the files and not making appropriate subdirectories for them. Of course,
if I'm just doing this wrong, let me know so I can fix it on my end. :)

- Jim

* Here's the command I used to build:

CC=clang CXX=clang++ cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
-DLIBCXX_CXX_ABI=libsupc++
-DLIBCXX_LIBSUPCXX_INCLUDE_PATHS="/usr/include/c++/4.8/;/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/c++/4.8/"
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_DIR $SRC_DIR