[cfe-dev] clang-cpp: Generate a symlink automatically

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 04:38:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using LLVM/Clang to build my Linux graphics driver stack (here:
libdrm, mesa and intel-ddx) and LLVMlinux kernels.

Especially for the former I export my compiler settings like this...

### Export compiler settings
# Here: clang is default compiler (clang++ and clang-ccp are symlinks)
# NOTE-1: Set CPPFLAGS when you want to use include-dir from $PREFIX
installation
# NOTE-2: Generate a symlink "clang-cpp -> clang" in $LLVM_BIN_DIR if necessary.
export CC="clang"
export CFLAGS="-Qunused-arguments"
export CXX="clang++"
export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export CPP="clang-cpp"
export CPPFLAGS="-I$PREFIX/include"

The quick workaround was to create a symlink for clang-cpp.

The symlink for "clang++ -> clang" is generated automatically after
building/installion.
So isn't it a good idea to have also "clang-cpp -> clang"?

Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

P.S.: Output of $LLVM_BIN_DIR

$ cd /opt/llvm/bin/

$ LC_ALL=C ll clang clang++ clang-cpp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 wearefam wearefam 34275024 May 19 10:42 clang*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 wearefam wearefam        5 May 19 10:42 clang++ -> clang*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 wearefam wearefam        5 Jun 21 07:59 clang-cpp -> clang*