[cfe-dev] Few questions related to type checking in clang

Amila Jayasekara thejaka.amila at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:02:12 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am fairly new to clang. I am trying to implement experimental type
checking rules for lambda functions. I would mainly like to get feedback on
following;

1. I believe clang/lib/Sema is responsible for carrying out type checking.
In the files in clang/lib/Sema I mainly saw 2 types of functions; a.
BuildXXX functions and ActOnXXX functions. Which function pattern contains
actual type checking implementations ? (In other words in which functions
we do type checking ? e.g. :- function type checking etc ...)

2. In clang where (the class responsible) do we keep the information about
type environment (i.e. type information about each variable, function etc
...) and how to retrieve/update type information ?

Will be great if I could get feedback on above.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Thejaka Amila