[cfe-dev] Semi-regular llvm snapshots for ARMv7/Linux

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Oct 18 12:50:13 PDT 2014

On 15 October 2014 12:43, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at donmez.ws> wrote:
> Sadly these are built on a x86-64 Linux host hence not validated via
> test-suite. What I currently do is updating llvm snapshot for openSUSE and
> then using that snapshot to build for ARMv7. So far doing only stage1
> builds. Also using linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9 toolchain (September 2014
> release) for headers.

I see. Do you at least run check-all? I wouldn't trust any build that
doesn't at least passes the basic checks.

One thing you can do to minimise the risk is to only checkout
revisions that are known to be good by investigating the buildbots.
That won't guarantee anything, since you're cross-compiling and we're
not, but that should give you "some" peace of mind.

> CC=arm-clang CXX=arm-clang++ cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON

What revision is this? Release 3.5 or trunk or something else?

> CFLAGS="-mfloat-abi=hard -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=vfpv3-d16
> -fuse-ld=gold"

These are sane options. :)

cheers,
--renato