[cfe-dev] RFC: switch default C language mode from gnu99 to gnu11

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Oct 16 16:47:29 PDT 2014

On 16 October 2014 21:15, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
> If its too expensive to do this for *all* tests w/o a standard specified, we
> should cherry pick the ones we want to run in all modes and just replicate
> the RUN lines with a script.

+1 for cherry-picking. Not all tests make sense to run in all
standards (C11 ones, for instance), but some would certainly benefit.
Maybe the ones that don't specify an -std flag would be good to run on
all standards? How would we do that? By changing the semantics of
%clang? Or by enforcing people to duplicate all RUN lines with all
standards?

It seems non-trivial to enforce this...

cheers,
--renato