[cfe-dev] standalone tool: best way to find built-in includes?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 07:40:43 PST 2014

Hi Manuel,

What really matters is that when my tool analyzes the target program's
source, it assumes the same standard headers that are normally used to
build that target program.

For example, the target program might normally be built with clang
3.4, but my analysis tool is built on clang 3.6.  When my tool
analyzes the source code of the target program, I want the analysis to
be as though the target program #include'd the 3.4 builtins, not the
3.6 builtins.  Because my goal is to obtain the same AST as the one
created during the target program's normal (3.4) build process.

If I understand your suggestion, my analysis would give me an AST
based on the clang 3.6 builtins, not based on the 3.4 builtins.  Is
that correct?

Thanks,
Christian

>>> Christian