[cfe-dev] segfault during compilation of boost math with clang 3.5

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:24:41 PST 2014

I have come across a strange behaviour. When I run clang during a
debian package build to compile the Boost library (1.54 in this case),
several files in boost math crash clang (SEGFAULT). It does not happen
if I execute the command manually in the shell outside of 'fakeroot
debian/rules build'.

I recorded both runs with strace and found that it crashes during
looking for a header file. I've compiled clang with debug information
and found that it still crashed on the same place and so I was able to
get a stack trace.

Record of a crash:
http://pastebin.com/iryg651X

Backtrace: