[cfe-dev] C++ Standard Library on Windows

Seth Cantrell seth.cantrell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:11:26 PST 2014

For compiling clang I always have used MSVC. Just run the CMake configure step from a command window that has been set up for the version of Visual Studio you're using (i.e., the vcvarsall.bat script has been run).

For building with clang, it should support either: clang-cl.exe looks for VS headers by default (again, assuming the environment is set up for VS), clang.exe looks for mingw headers. You can make clang.exe and clang++.exe use VS headers by setting the target to something like "-target i686-pc-windows-msvc".