[cfe-dev] Is '__builtin_overload' supported on clang/LLVM?

K K kanagak86 at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 19 07:35:32 PST 2014

Hi Everyone,
I am new to clang community, I've been working close with integration of clang/LLVM with OpenCL project.

One of the think, I am having problem with is the __builtin_overload functions. I am not sure what's the condition of this overload function, but it seems like at some point it was supported by clang/llvm, or maybe it is still supported but I am not sure how to exploit it.

Compile and Error:

test_1.c:12:13: error: use of unknown builtin '__builtin_overload' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
        int4 ans = isequal(a, b);

I've looked around for '__builtin_overload', and I did saw some work available online.
http://reviews.llvm.org/file/data/hme4amh3kinf2s6jmtcp/PHID-FILE-uw5tchxze7qg6xzryop5/52581.diff

My Clang version:
clang version 3.6.0 (trunk 218469)
Your help will be very appreciated.