[cfe-dev] Phabricator email issues (hopefully resolved)

Manuel Klimek klimek at google.com
Sat May 31 00:03:57 PDT 2014

Yesterday we got reports that phab would not send some emails. In the hope
that it was an issue that was fixed on head, I upgraded phab (bad call, I
know, I know). That introduced a new issue - phab would now spew out error
mails when it couldn't handle the incoming message.

I was able to hunt down the causes for both issues, quick-and-dirty patched
them on our instance, and filed upstream bugs:
https://secure.phabricator.com/T5233
https://secure.phabricator.com/T5234

Everything should be back to normal. Please note that there was a time
period where phab would not send out messages, so if you sent a patch via
phab in the last week, and it didn't get answers, please make sure it
actually arrived at one of the *-commits mailing lists. When I get a moment
I'll drill through the database to verify the extend of the problem.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy hacking,
/Manuel