[cfe-dev] Is it possible to select UnknownArch through command line in clang?

Zvonimir Rakamaric zvonimir at cs.utah.edu
Wed May 28 11:28:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Zvonimir Rakamaric <zvonimir at cs.utah.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> One final question: why does DefaultTargetCodeGenInfo even exist if it
>> cannot be selected?
>
> DefaultTargetCodeGenInfo is essentially an abstract base class for other
> ABIs.
>
> I think you should do something like what PNaCl does and add a new virtual
> ISA like "smack64" or "le64" that has a known data layout, endianness, etc,
> and always uses 'byval' when passing structs by value.

This is a great suggestion, thanks!
Is there any chance that something like smack64 would be integrated
into the main trunk of clang?

Since the main reason why I started this discussion was to hopefully
come up with a solution that would ultimately not require a patch to
clang to be applied whenever somebody would like to use it with SMACK.

Thanks!
-- Zvonimir