[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Tue May 20 16:33:59 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Rafael Avila de Espindola <
rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> We had in the past a tool to compute the dependencies that llvm-confg
> prints but moved to writing them explicitly because it was a horrible build
> serialization point.

I forgot about that!  Good riddance.  =D

> Do you have an example for why the "worst case macro" would not work on
> windows?

dllexport is pretty different from default visibility.  You need to
conditionally define the macro to be dllimport everywhere outside the DLL
and dllexport when compiling the DLL.  We would end up with LLVM_EXPORT,
CLANG_EXPORT, and maybe LLVM_SUPPORT_EXPORT.  =/