[cfe-dev] supress Clang deperecated header warning [gcc's -Wcpp]

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun May 18 23:27:52 PDT 2014

Hi all,

For GNU C++ compiler i got warning deprecated header #Wcpp and I can easily
turn off it using -Wno-cpp. The same flag does not have any effect on a
clang compiler.

gcc version: 4.8.2 20131212 (Red Hat 4.8.2-7) (GCC)

clang version: 3.3 (tags/RELEASE_33/final)

OS: Fedora 20 x86_64 Linux

Does anybody know the correct flag and its usage.

Warning output:

vcl_deprecated_header.h:10:3: warning: #warning "deprecated" [-Wcpp] #
warning "deprecated"

I tried -Wno-deperecated but without any success. Removing the inclusion of
the deprecated header is not something I want. This is because for some
specific build for clang I want to disable this warning. But by default for
anyone who compiles the warning should appear. And No, using -w to suppress
everything is not something I want to do.

In GCC, g++ i can disable it via -Wno-cpp and gcc says

vcl_deprecated_header.h:10:3: warning: #warning "deprecated" [-Wcpp] #
warning "-Wcpp"

header source :
vcl_deprecated.h<http://sourceforge.net/p/vxl/git/ci/master/tree/vcl/vcl_deprecated_header.h>

Thanks for any help