[cfe-dev] Allow implicit copy constructor between address spaces in C++

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Sun May 18 16:43:22 PDT 2014

> The simplest solution here is probably to add a special case to the type-checker which permits an address-space mismatch when directly calling a trivial copy constructor or copy-assignment operator.

I have submitted patch that works reasonably well without need to extra attributes or builtins.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140512/105706.html

The idea behind was to enforce implicit conversion which drops address space qualifier if copy constructor fails and destination is POD without user defined copy constructor.

WDYT?

Regards,
--
Adam