[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Fri May 16 12:57:12 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:

> On 16/05/2014 21:20, Richard wrote:
>>
>> In article <4FBFE344-19A4-4A9A-9C93-AB9A4554D6CE at gmail.com>,
>>      Bill Wendling <isanbard at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Have you been sleeping poorly worried about the Clang 3.5 release? Well,
>>> this may help! The plan right now is to start testing in July with August
>>> as the target release month. There isn't a schedule yet, of course. But
>>> it
>>> should be a goodly amount of time for all y'all to prepare for the
>>> release
>>> process.
>>>
>>> If you have any questions, please let me know. If you'd like to volunteer
>>> to be a tester, also let me know. :-)
>>
>> I have some packaging changes I'd like to see in place for the 3.5
>> packaging.  The changes include some more utilities in the package for
>> refactoring tool developers and there is an issue with the way the
>> Windows packages are being built that causes them to omit many of the
>> things in the unix packages.  Again, this is to make it easier to
>> write refactoring tools.
>

> So far the idea with the Windows installer has been to provide a toolchain
> rather than a complete SDK, but it'd be nice to see if we can head in that
> direction, perhaps with a separate SDK package.
>
> CC'ing in Hans who has opinions on this.
>
> Which files did you want to include specifically?

I know Richard has been working on using the tooling stuff on Windows,
but I don't really know how it works - is there an example somewhere
that shows what would need to be included in the installer?

If we want to include it in the 3.5 release, we should get it into the
snapshot builds first.

Thanks,
Hans