[cfe-dev] Preferred way to submit patches

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu May 15 05:01:00 PDT 2014

On 15/05/2014 14:41, Nikola Smiljanic wrote:
> Phabricator or cfe-commits, whichever you prefer.

If using the web-based system, you'll need to make sure the right people
are CC'ed, not just those who have accounts there. Mails starting "Hi
$random_person," is likely to get the patch ignored by the actual code
owners or maintainers.

It's also polite to respond by email when reviewers post comments to
patches by email. I've noticed people using Phabricator sometimes reply
to *their own* mail instead of to the reviewer, and such patches will
get ignored along with their authors.

Alp.

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Adam Strzelecki <ono at java.pl
> <mailto:ono at java.pl>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Just wanted to ask what is currently preferred way to submit
>     patches to Clang, since I recently found that there's also
>     Phabricator for LLVM.
>
>     Currently we have:
>     1. Bugzilla with ability to submit patches
>     2. Phabricator
>     3. cfe-commits
>
>     Cheers,
>     --