[cfe-dev] Announcing Crange

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri May 9 13:28:56 PDT 2014

On 9 May 2014 21:10, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
> In https://github.com/nico/complete , I think went with a plugin that does
> tags in parallel with regular compilation, and the plugin added about 10% to
> build time. Things like "pragma synchronous = off" and "pragma journal_mode
> = memory" helped quite a bit iirc. The plugin code is somewhere in the
> server/ folder. I haven't touched that project in a long time, but maybe you
> can crib some stuff from it.

Oh, yes, now I remember. If you do it that way, you can accurately map
what are the macros and paths that the compiler is doing, given the
options you used.

In our case, because we also wanted to use our Clang tool on code
compiled by other compilers, we added a wrapper to collect the command
line options for each individual file and passed those options to
Clang when parsing the files again. Of course, it worked better with
Clang/GCC compilations.

cheers,
--renato