[cfe-dev] clang 3.4 with ubuntu server 3.10 for objective-c 2 development?

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 28 03:17:24 PDT 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 10:00, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whilst I have your attention, can you package libc++ built against libc++abi?  That would be awesome :)

Note that this combination most likely won't work with Objective-C.  Objective-C++ exceptions (on non-Darwin systems) rely on the ability to register new typeinfo objects and have them slot into the matching system.  This works with libsupc++ and libcxxrt, but not libc++abi, because libc++abi changed some parts of the GNU ABI in an incompatible way.

David