[cfe-dev] Alias-awareness of unix.Malloc checker

Weikun Yang wkyjyy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 03:05:41 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Recently I'm looking into the unix.Malloc checker, and wonder if it's
capable of treating pointers that alias each other correctly. If not,
is it possible to incorporate llvm's inter-procedural alias-analysis
into the checker to make it smarter? I'm aware that the alias analysis
runs on llvm IR, and the static checkers are based on symbolic
execution of AST, so it might not be a feasible approach. I would like
to hear your opinions.

William Yang