[cfe-dev] Build Clang with CMake and Intel Compiler

Marvin Damschen marvin.damschen at gullz.de
Wed Mar 19 07:47:14 PDT 2014

> This error reports comes from building tsan (ThreadSanitizer) run-time.
> First: do you need it?

I do not need it, but I am not too familiar with the clang build
process. How do I disable it? Would commenting out the
'add_compiler_rt_static_runtime' and 'add_compiler_rt_static_runtime' in
the CMakeLists be sufficient?

> Second: try to hack compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_asm.h
> to disable CFI directives.

Apparently, sanitizer_asm.h was added in trunk after 3.4 to solve
exactly the problem I am having right now. However, I am bound to 3.4
because I want to use Intel's OpenMP extensions eventually. I think
disabling the problematic sanitizers is the way to go for me now.

Thank you
Marvin