[cfe-dev] Who should I talk to about a proposed update to stable_sort?

Mike McFadden mike at ivideoapp.com
Thu Mar 13 08:32:33 PDT 2014

Or, more specifically, inplace_stable_sort, from libcxx. I've been working on a hybrid in-place merge sort for a few weeks, using a paper called "Ratio based in-place stable merging" from 2008, and it resulted in a design that's 3-15x faster than inplace_stable_sort and 80-90% of the speed of stable_sort, while using O(1) memory. I have all of the details up on the project page, including C++ code that directly benchmarks and validates against stable_sort.

https://github.com/BonzaiThePenguin/WikiSort

Is there someone in particular I should speak to about it? It's not exactly a minor change.

- Mike