[cfe-dev] Warnings are different on preprocessed file

Richtarsky, Martin martin.richtarsky at sap.com
Thu Mar 13 04:22:04 PDT 2014

>http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=156861
>
> That's not the only case when Clang suppresses a warning for something coming
>from a macro, so a separate preprocessing step results in a warning that
>wouldn't be otherwise reported. On the other hand, why would one actually
>need a separate preprocessing step for normal usage in practice anyway.

Thanks for the info. I agree that preprocessing is usually not done
separately, but distributed compile clusters like icecream rely on it
(preprocess locally, compile remotely).

So it would be great to have consistent warning behavior. I don't
want to disable the warning, are there any other workarounds?

Best regards,
Martin