[cfe-dev] Clang getting involved

Anton Bikineev ant.bikineev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 15:36:39 PST 2014

Hi all.

I'm russian student from Moscow. I like C++ and
I would like to contribute to Clang not as part
of GSOC. I have already contributed to Boost.Math.

I wanted to implement a static if declaration as
an extension proposed by Herb Sutter, Andrei Alexandrescu
and Walter Bright here
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3329.pdf

This feature is used in D language.
But I don't know how it is relevant in Clang. Also I have
just found some problems. For example, I don't know
how better to represent it in AST: either as Decl or as Stmt.
If (static if) is Stmt, it is easier to implement many things
just using similar functions for if-statement.

Maybe somebody has better ideas. I will be glad to any advices.
Sorry for my English.

Best regards,
Anton.