[cfe-dev] facebook clang plugins

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Mon Jun 23 13:59:01 PDT 2014

We'd also prefer you to prepare separate patches for each checker. It would be a big plus if you added empirical data as well: how much testing has the checker been though, what is the false positives ratio, how effective is it (bugs found).

It looks like some of the checkers come from Facebook coding policies and might not be applicable for "a turned on by default checker". It would be good to note that as well.

Thanks!
Anna.

> On Jun 23, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Mathieu Baudet <mathieubaudet at fb.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Anna. Indeed, it looks like the checker IdenticalExprChecker.cpp is strictly more general than the one in the plugin (since https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk@201702).
> I will remove the duplicate.

You could double check if the existing checker is on by default.