[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Jun 4 12:28:12 PDT 2014

In article <CAAiZkiB9iKUcUZvHXv0mDR-H8oY=hyrK3tEN2pPOdMu1cMW+PA at mail.gmail.com>,
    Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> Some feedback on Debug vs. non-Debug build.
>
> I tried a build setup that I haven't seen documented anywhere on Clang's
> website (or on The Internet):
>     (1) use PowerShell as working shell --
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell
>     (2) use cmake to generate project files

I believe this is documented on this page:
<http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html>

> tall, so cmake seems to end up generating projects for Debug build.  Which
> fails at the very last step of linking, with the linker complaining that
> one should not use Debug CRT build (/MD).

Yes, I ran into this when I tested my local build of the NSIS
installer with everything included.  (I think I also ran into some
compile-time issues as a result of the built libraries not defining
_NDEBUG and my debug configuration defining this.)

What I need to do is take my remove-void-args example out of the clang
tree and make it standalone and test it against this new package of
the prebuilt libraries.  If they built it the same way I did, then I
think I'll run into the same issues and I'll write those up as a
ticket.

The more we discuss this, the more I'm leaning in the direction of a
different SDK package containing library variant(s) and headers,
leaving the "product" package containing all the binaries but no
headers or librarys or language bindings (i.e. no libclang, python,
etc.).