[cfe-dev] Using clang for cross-compiling to Cortex M4

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jun 3 12:42:15 PDT 2014

On 3 June 2014 17:53, Rick Mann <rmann at latencyzero.com> wrote:
> Is compiler-rt sufficient? That doesn't provide the std libs, right?

Not really, RT is a libgcc replacement, not a standard library, and
C++ also needs libc++/libc++abi. Sorry I misled you, I thought you
were just looking for the compiler libraries.

For a quick working setup, having the GNU toolchain set up for your
target is the least trouble. You should be able to get a
cross-compiler ARM gcc with libraries and binutils on Mac, though I
don't know how to (I'm a Linux user myself).

cheers,
--renato