[cfe-dev] Integrating custom clang/checker plugins in Xcode

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Jul 24 09:58:20 PDT 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 9:02 AM, Arno Appenzeller <arno.appenzeller at gmx.de> wrote:

> I read that it's not possible to swap the Xcode analyzer or the clang.

Hi Arno,

I'm not certain where you read that, because it is simply not true.  The set-xcode-analyzer script that we bundle with checker builds has for a very long time now allowed you to swap out your own copy of the analyzer.  If you are using a build of Xcode from the last year or so, you can set the CLANG_ANALYZER_EXEC build setting to a full path to your build of clang to use an alternate clang for static analysis.  That's really the recommended way to use a customized clang in Xcode for static analysis.

Cheers,
Ted