[cfe-dev] Question on navigating to cc files from header files in MatchCallback::run

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Jul 17 10:11:49 PDT 2014

In article <CAK0=dHd42P7h++J6LUQB4Z-Em6AWwYoh90aDOV-WL9pq4t9iyA at mail.gmail.com>,
    Lucas Nunno <lnunno at cs.unm.edu> writes:

> So to give more context to the question, I have a match that is generated
> on the header file and I'm trying to jump to the mapped .cc file that
> actually defines that class.

What if there is no such source file?  For instance, I might be
linking against a binary library and including it's header.

I think to really do what you want you need a global view of the entire
compilation process and not just information you get from a single
translation unit that includes a header file.

The compilation database may be of some help here, but you still have
the problem of linking against libraries for which you have headers
but no source files.