[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer -need some explanation

Sandeep K Chaudhary babbusandy2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:31:30 PDT 2014

Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain how the 'Clang Static Analyzer' works by
over-riding the CC and CXX variables?

A pointer to some documentation would also be great. I looked the [1] but
didn't find any explanation about how exactly it works by over-riding
variables without knowing anything about the build process or makefile.

In the meanwhile I am reading the code of 'scan-build' and 'ccc-analyzer'
but it's not so simple, and also it's written in Perl with which I don't
have any experience. Therefore, some explanation would be of great help.

[1] http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/index.html

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep.