[cfe-dev] Distinguishing between clang Window versions

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Tue Jul 8 06:54:47 PDT 2014

Since the two versions for clang on Windows, one using VC++ RTL and
emulating VC++ to some small extent and the other using mingw rtl, are
radically different, is there any easy way to distinguish between them
at pre-execution time.

In Boost Build we currently have a single toolset named 'clang' for the
clang compiler. On Linux it uses a clang-linux.jam file, on the Mac it
uses a clang-darwin.jam file, and I am trying to establish .jam files
for using clang on Windows. Essentially I can use the clang-linux.jam
file with a slight modification if the clang version uses mingw, but I
need to use a clang-win.jam file if the clang version uses VC++. So
somewhere early in the Boost Build processing I have to determine which
'clang.exe' is being used on Windows in order to invoke the proper Boost
Build jam file for it.

Ideas ? Suggestions ?