[cfe-dev] Proposal for an ABI testsuite for clang

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Wed Jul 2 20:46:47 PDT 2014

It seems like the primary benefit of this test suite is that it allows
verification that two different C++ compilers are functionally equivalent,
because it's completely LLVM IR agnostic.

I *don't* think these are the kinds of tests that developers will want to
write when implementing new features of the C++ language (say, variable
templates).  For that, we already have Clang IRGen tests, which are easier
to work on incrementally, rather than these tests, which appear to be more
data-driven.

Still, this would be great.  :)