[cfe-dev] Is there a way to get linkonce / selectany in C programs?

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 21:31:25 PDT 2014

I'm working with a code generator that produces C code and I need linkonce
to eliminate duplicate definitions - but the clang compiler complains that
the 'selectany' attribute is not recognized (even though I see looking
through the clang source code that there's code to handle it.) So I'm
wondering why the attribute isn't recognized, I'm guessing it could be any
number of things (platform [OS X], source language (.c), and so on...)

--
-- Talin