[cfe-dev] Status of SEH?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jan 31 03:15:56 PST 2014

On 2014-01-30 23:13, "C. Bergström" wrote:

> Here's my cut at this
>
> "we expect contributors to [not] discuss potential IP (intellectual
> property) issues on public mailing lists and to seek their own legal
> advice. Nobody on any of the user or developer mailing lists can provide
> legal council and any notices should be directed to the appropriate
> legal contact. In the event of a patch or existing code contribution
> which needs additional legal review please first send an email to
> -------------- at ---------.--- before disclosing the issue publicly."
>
> I suspect LLVM has representation and like most serious projects maybe
> an email alias should be setup. Sorry I can't think of a better way to
> dodge this bullet...

I think we must be able to notify if someone brings up a
topic/technology that is patented. We can't expect everyone to know all
technologies and know which are patented. Especially not
non-professional contributes doing this on their spare time.

Just saying "we can't do this" without any reason is not very satisfying.

Perhaps this particular topic (SEH) deserves to be added an FAQ or
similar? It's be brought up a couple of times before here.

--
/Jacob Carlborg