[cfe-dev] Status of SEH?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Jan 30 13:21:08 PST 2014

On 30/01/2014 20:33, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Jb Feldman <jb.feldman at kyrus-tech.com
> <mailto:jb.feldman at kyrus-tech.com>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, it looks like the patent will expire in June, so that's exciting.
>

> You are not a lawyer. I am not a lawyer. As such, please do not
> discuss patents, or anything to do with patents or other legal matters
> on this mailing list. This is not the appropriate forum. If you want
> to discuss them, do so with your lawyer, not here.

Huh? Notification of potential patent infringements is encouraged and in
fact effectively required by the LLVM Developer Policy:

    /When contributing code, *we expect contributors to notify us of*
    any potential for patent-related trouble with their changes
    (*including from third parties*)./

http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html#copyright-license-and-patents

Jb Feldman is absolutely correct to bring this up.

To suppress contributors who are providing essential notification in an
area they're work on is callous and ill advised.

These rules are here to protect those of us who have customers to
support in the United States and once brought up, notifications must be
heard by the community as required by the developer policy.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts