[cfe-dev] Why clang needs to fork into itself?

Yury Gribov y.gribov at samsung.com
Wed Jan 29 02:59:10 PST 2014

> Non-reproducible crash makes no sense.
> If compiler is invoked by user or IDE,
> it's generally easy to re-run,
> make sure it crashes again, and copy invocation command line.

I have seen rather convoluted codebases where the actual invocation line
is hidden in a complex bash script called by make, called by another
bash script, etc. It's not necessarily good but things like this are
reality.

Having an fast, easy reliable way to get full repro is invaluable in
such cases.

-Y