[cfe-dev] Disable #error?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Jan 25 04:51:14 PST 2014

On 2014-01-25 02:55, Justin Bogner wrote:

> Could you do something like:
>
> 1. Make a list of the headers you're interested in processing (you
>     probably already do this).

No, I'm not. Currently the tool can only handle one file at the time. If
the user need to process multiple files he/she need to do this manually.

> 2. Make a list of the "umbrella" headers that you'll process. This
>     may be implicit, by abandoning processing when you try to process
>     something that needs to be included by an umbrella or whatever.
>
> 3. Process the umbrella headers, but look up the source location in your
>     list of interesting headers from (1) to decide where the information
>     comes from.

This all seems to require I process multiple files at the same time, or
rather the whole library? I guess it would make it simpler if the user
could specify a directory with header files to process. Then the tool
could assume this is the root directory of the library. I have planned
to add support for specifying a directory anyway. Although I still would
like to support the use case of only specifying a single file. But I
could require that the user specify with a flag the root of the library,
for those cases.

--
/Jacob Carlborg