[cfe-dev] OpenCL compile object file symbol tables

Dorrington, Albert albert.dorrington at lmco.com
Mon Jan 20 12:15:43 PST 2014

When I compile an OpenCL kernel to a binary file, using llvm/clang, I don't see the kernel functions defined within the symbol table.

Is this by design?

Without the function names in the symbol table, I'm not sure how I would look up a function within a pre-compiled object file.
For instance, after loading a pre-compiled binary with clCreateProgramWithBinary() and then validating that the kernel function contained therein is the expected kernel.

Al Dorrington
Software Engineer Sr
Lockheed Martin, Mission Systems and Training