[cfe-dev] Disable #error?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Tue Jan 14 09:58:33 PST 2014

On 14/01/2014 17:45, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Is it possible to disable #error directives? Either by a command line
> flag or my some kind of option. This is for a tool built on libclang.

Hi Jacob,

This is an interesting idea. It's always a hard error right now.

We've seen similar requests to 'downgrade' a few other errors like the
MS inline assembly missing-backend one and I suspect there's a pattern
developing here.

Could you expand on your specific use-case a little?

We need to get a clear idea of the kinds of tools and interfaces
(libclang, tooling, refactoring?) that would benefit from such a
soft-errors mode, as well as an idea which other errors might qualify,
to develop a plan of action.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com