[cfe-dev] compile_commands.json for Windows/MSVC

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Jan 13 17:17:36 PST 2014

In article <CAOsfVvn4H=7w+bOdWRDcXdPNoDriaRMcpshx9VFpE3et2V+Peg at mail.gmail.com>,
    Manuel Klimek <klimek at google.com> writes:

> +Hans
>
> I think this depends on how much of VC's command line arguments clang can
> already "eat"...

I hacked up something by converting the compile logs from visual
studio into a compile_commands.json and used it for a libtooling
refactoring tool I created.

I did it manually, but it wouldn't be hard to automate my approach.

I was using a development revision of 3.4, I think, and got lots of
warnings about command-line arguments that weren't understood or
implemented, but it go the test source through my refactoring tool.