[cfe-dev] Build-bot host compiler upgrades and C++11!

David Tweed david.tweed at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 02:25:54 PST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I'm trying CC-ing all the folks I could think of that are likely
> running bots for Clang. If I've missed any, sorry, please add them.
>
> As you may have heard on various lists, it's time to switch Clang (and LLVM)
> to use C++11. The first step is establishing a new baseline of compiler
> versions that are supported[1]:
>
> MSVC 2012
> GCC 4.7
> Clang 3.1
>
> If you are helping to keep our build bot infrastructure running and
> up-to-date, please check the host compiler versions and reply here if you're
> going to have trouble upgrading. My rough plan based on chatting with some
> folks is to submit checks to cmake and configure on Monday to produce an
> error on older toolchains without some flag to force old toolchain support.

Probably stating the obvious, but some buildbots deliberately try
not to run configure/cmake on every rebuild (because launching
loads of processes to do the checking slows things significantly).
So it might be worth anyone with such a buildbot considering if
they need to force a reconfigure after the change goes in.

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
high-performance computing and machine vision expert: david.tweed at gmail.com