[cfe-dev] Should dump methods be LLVM_ATTRIBUTE_USED only in debug builds?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Sat Jan 4 05:52:58 PST 2014

Hi Nico,

The current macro definition on the LLVM side looks fine to me because
it's consistent with past dump() method ifdefs, particularly the
existing convention followed in core LLVM code.

If however it needs tweaking, the change wouldn't affect the clang side
anyway so I've gone ahead landed the follow up that makes use of the new
macro in r198489.

If there's any major feature request or proposal to remove/change the
way dump() functions are declared, that really needs to be a separate
discussion at this point.

Thanks for holding on

Alp.

--