[cfe-dev] RFC: Adding __INTEGRATED_ASSEMLER__ macro

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 16:17:30 PST 2014

As mentioned on IRC, I am opposed to the idea. There are few reasons why:

* The integrated assembler is just another assembler. I would't like
for us to provide a compile time macro for it but not for the version
of gas for example.
* The only cases we should be incompatible are when some feature is
completely missing in one of the assemblers.

Do you have an specific use case in mind? I.E, an example source that
would use __INTEGRATED_ASSEMBLER__? Is that a case that is not
considered a bug (including missing features) in MC?

Cheers,
Rafael