[cfe-dev] Adding "simd" pragma to Clang

Andrey Bokhanko andreybokhanko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 01:22:15 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

> Are the semantics of your ivdep the same as the simd pragma? Generally
> speaking, I'm supportive. As I recall, the last time we discussed this,
> there were real questions by some about what ivdep meant.
>
>  -Hal

Current ivdep implementation sets llvm.mem.parallel_loop_access for each
memory instruction in the loop. This can be used by both vectorizer and
other optimizations as well.

simd implementation [will] set vectorizer-specific metadata (force
vectorization, vector width, etc) in addition to parallel_loop_access.

Andrey